Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Big Weekend!

My first birthday present from Henry was a full night's sleep that started at 9:30 Thursday night and lasted peacefully until 6:45 Friday morning. This was the longest night yet and I was delighted to wake on my 30th birthday at 6:45 in the morning. After breakfast, Henry presented me with a handmade card with a gift certificate attached for a facial. He then told me that daddy would be home at noon, and that I should pack for a weekend away. I was very excited, and we spent the morning getting things ready. After my facial, we loaded the car and headed to St. Louis for a surprise weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Hacker and Uncle John and Emily. We spent the weekend relaxing and celebrating in the hotel, out to dinner and poolside. I was a little nervous about our hotel slumber party knowing that if Henry was awake in the middle of the night, we all would be. We all slept soundly, though, as Henry made it both nights without waking until morning. He also had his first dip in the pool and loved it, saddened only when it was time to get out. We enjoyed our first Father's Day with daddy and Grandpa Hacker. We exchanged presents which consisted of different forms of Henry pictures and enjoyed a lovely breakfast and lunch. When we got home Sunday afternoon, daddy and Henry relaxed on our new porch swing! We love swinging on it in the afternoons, waiting for daddy to get home from work. So...a wonderful birthday and Father's Day weekend it was. Thank you to all who called, sent cards, presents and flowers - it was quite special.








1 comment:

Ann Coffey said...

I love this pic of tim reading to Henry. Such a cute picture. I hope you guys are doing well. Henry is growing so fast but still just as cute!